3. Spanish Tutorials
Don't spend money on Spanish programs until after you have tried some of these. Once you complete one program, do a different one. These are so very helpful...especially the first two sites...But you find the one that is the best for YOU! Just do it! I little work every now and then will go a long way in improving your Spanish! Many have answers so that you can quickly check your progress.
1. List of tutorials
2. Learning Verb Conjugations,
3. Grammar Guide,
4. On-line Dictionary and Translator
5. Tests to Find Your Level of Spanish
7. Interesting Facts About the Spanish Language
8. Study Helps and Strategies
9. Other Helps
1. LIST OF TUTORIALS
1. www.senorjordan.com Señor Jordan--this is in a class of it's own when it comes to learning Spanish using the Internet. He has made many videos (and continues to add more) and put them on U-tube. They are only 4-8 minutes in length and are very concise and to-the-point.
2. www.studyspanish.com/ Study Spanish THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES! 97 grammar lessons with tests on each to note progress, 50 pronunciation lessons, many vocabulary lessons (airport, beach, restaurant, hotel, downtown, meeting people, medical care, shopping, etc.), travel helper, cultural notes and MANY other helps. Has AUDIO by different native speakers for vocabulary practice and oral quizes for each part.
- 3. http://spanish.about.com Spanish.About VERY USEFUL INFORMATION! Many detailed lessons for students from beginners to advanced that include grammar, pronunciation helps, Word of the Day, glossaries, quick tips, fiestas and cultural activities and many other topics. It is easy to use and well organized. Basically it has a lot of information but there are some sections of quizzes to help the student see needs.
- 4. www.classzone.com/dime/index.html Classzone Excellent tutorial from McDougal Littel using Internet Resources to learn about culture and grammar; Many web links with each lesson; has good sections of flashcards with pronunciation at www.classzone.com/spanish.cfm
- 5. www.linguasorb.com Intriguing ways to remember some words An interesting way to learn groupings of words by using different ideas (like pic-words) and many activities and games (word search, etc.)
- 6. www.linguasorb.com/LearnSpanish/spanish-cognates.aspx Listening to cognates (Might need to type in Learn Spanish on the site above this one to get this. The same goes for the next one.) Another good one for verbs at this site is: www.linguasorb.com/LearnSpanish/verbs.aspx
- 7. http://spanish.miningco.com Spanish Mining Co. What You Need to Know About Spanish; much information
- 8. www.pdictionary.com pdictionary Excellent source for learning new vocabulary words! Uses pictures from a wide variety of categories for many games and activities (flashcards, fill-in-the-blanks, word scramble, stinky spelling, straight recall). (Also has this for learning English, French, German and Italian languages.)
- 9. www.lingolex.com/spanish.htm Lingolex EXCELLENT NEW VOCABULARY SOURCE This very thorough list maker goes beyong the basic lists of vocabulary (house items, body, physical appearance, personalities, public places--the topics are quite extensive), not only describing them more specifically, but also gives phrases, sentences and useful expressions. This also has a great version of the game, "Hangman."
- 10. www.bbc.co.uk/languages/spanish/lj/itinerary.shtml Spanish Steps from BBC: Excellent site with many useful phrases and words for many topics, plus quality cultural information.
- 11. www.trinity.edu/mstroud/grammar Many well-written, interesting Spanish exercises (gives the answers after each sentence is completed) from Trinity U in San Antonio
- 12. www.musicalspanish.com Musical Spanish: EXCELLENT links to songs commonly used in language classrooms such as Guantanamera, Cielito Lindo, La Cucaracha y Las Ma–anitas. In addition you will find links to other sites of interest to teaching and learning Spanish.
- 13. www.caslt.org/research/sp.htm CASLT (from Canada) is a VERY GOOD SITE that has MANY links to exercises (especially verbs), Spanish listening and pronunciation activities, teaching Spanish through music and actual Spanish lyrics (has MANY), and reading actual stories and books (children through adult); also has games
- 14. www.cuyamaca.net/ddetwile/Resources/spanishgrammar.asp Cuyamaca Many lessons (most self-checking but a few to e-mail to an instructor), Spanish dictionaries and more links
- 15. www.donquijote.org/pdd Palabra del día: a growing list of vocabulary including meaning, sinonyms, and examples. You can receive a word a day by email if you prefer.
- 16. http://globegate.utm.edu/spanish GlobeGate An EXCELLENT comprehensive site with MANY GREAT links to all areas of teaching and learning Spanish (general topic links, art and culture, exhibitions, history, music (Several sites have lyrics for a multitude of songs); also many sites as a search engine
17. www.ilovelanguages.com I Love Languages EXCELLENT source of many sites that is devoted to bringing together information about the languages of the world, the H-LP database currently contains over 1800 resources covering more than 100 different languages. The language resources listed here come from all around the world, and range from dictionaries to language tutorials to spoken samples of languages. Many, many excellent activities and ideas!
18. www.csusm.edu CSUSM Many great links: many links for each of search engines, dictionaries, vocabulary, grammar, idiomatic expressions, writing guidelines, media, currency converters, etc.; great source to help you learn vocabulary and grammar May need to type in Spanish links or lessons in the directory box
19. http://cvc.cervantes.es/portada.htm Centro Virtual Cervantes If you are interested in langauge and culture this is a place to visit. With the use of Real Video you can explore this museum of language, learn and test your knowledge both for students and instructors.
20. www.auladiez.com/spanish/spanish_exercises.html Aula Diez: Learn Spanish with interactive Spanish exercises such as writing, reading comprehension, multiple-choice, listening and association.
21. http://eleaston.com E.L.Easton: Language Online--One of the best sites for not only educational helps, such as how to study, but a multitude of helps for learning Spanish; countless quality links of all types; it would take months to go through everything!)
- 22. http://mexicoweb.com.mx Mexico web From Mexico; has a wide range of topics in Spanish, this is a great site; good for culture ideas
- 23. www.englishspanishlink.com English-Spanish Link: a blilingual website providing resources to practice and learn Spanish through reading and writing.
- 24. www.lingolex.com/learnspanish/websearch.cgi?category=onlinecourses Lingolex This site has many other places to learn Spanish.
- 25. http://www.businessspanish.com/LECCION/grammar.htm Business Spanish.com (Very good site—esp. for advanced students to review)
NEW TUTORIALS FOUND IN SPRING, 2012:
26. http://www.123teachme.com/ Free online Spanish lessons, verb conjugator, language schools directory, and resources to learn Spanish quickly.
27. http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/spanish/ Learn Spanish with the BBC. Have a taster with our games, start up with our beginners' courses or brush up with our intermediate audio magazine. You can also check your level, get advice, have your say and share your stories.
28. http://www.lingolex.com/spanish.htm Learn Spanish: Everything that you would hope to find on a website about learning Spanish. Vocab, links, penpals, chat etc.
29. http://www.businessspanish.com/ Business Spanish Lessons—It covers over 100 business themes, 520 lessons yearly, etiquette, cultural notes, grammar, conversation with audio. Online tutorials with easy to follow audio lessons, grammar rules, free downloading of Spanish dictionaries, programs…
30. http://www.spanicity.com/ Learn Spanish for FREE: how to write and speak Spanish - online. Spanish language lessons, audio, dictionary and grammar. Spanish songs with video, lyrics and translation
31. http://www.word2word.com/course.html free online language lessons for anyone who wants to try to learn how to communicate with other people from around the world
32. http://www.homeeducationresources.com/FREEspanish.htm FREE Printable Spanish Lessons & Worksheets in full color!
33. http://www.loquella.com/learn-spanish/ Learn 10,000+ unique Spanish sentences completely free. Spanish language tool uses patent pending technology. 63 free lessons to choose from!
34. http://www.spanish.bz/learn-spanish.htm Online learning for Spanish students & teachers. Weekly lessons with audio and videos, as well as travel links and more.
35. http://www.spanishromance.com/ Provides free Spanish lessons and Spanish language resources developed by Spanish teachers to learn Spanish online and Spanish language courses in Spain, Mexico, Costa Rica, Peru and more destinations in Latin America
36. http://www.trinity.edu/mstroud/grammar/ Spanish grammar exercises
37. http://www.june29.com/Spanish/ Web Spanish lessons by Tyler Jones
38. http://www.byki.com/listcentral.html Shared lists of sites for helping to learn many different types of languages
39. http://www.spanishhour.com/ Interesting approach to learning Spanish…30 day risk free trial. Coordinates grammar with word units
40. http://www.multilingualbooks.com/freelessons-spanish.html List of many possibilities
41. http://www.laits.utexas.edu/spe/beg01.html Can listen to Spanish speakers explaining different topics. Spanish Proficiency Exercises is a compilation of video clips in which native speakers of Spanish from various locations throughout Latin America and Spain demonstrate various language tasks.
42. http://www.digitaldialects.com/Spanish.htm Spanish learning games. Free to use and fun online games for learning Spanish. Suitable for learners at different stages and levels. Includes a resource guide for studying Spanish.
43. http://www.bowdoin.edu/~eyepes/newgr/ Spanish Grammar Explanations, Exercises, and Practice Materials to learn Spanish. Intermediate and Advanced levels. Answers provided.
44. http://www.elearnspanishlanguage.com/beginnerschecklist.html Checklist designed to help you get the most out of my Spanish for beginners lessons.
45. http://www.spanishunlimited.com/ Study Spanish for free with our OnLine Lessons, Vocabulary Games and didactical contents developed by Spanish Teachers.
46. http://www.goethe-verlag.com/tests/ES/ES.HTM Learn Spanish language tests...great variety…also crossword puzzles
47. http://www.learnalanguage.com/learn-spanish/ Learn to speak the Spanish language, basic words, common phrases, tell time, alphabet, culture, with free online language learning tutorials and lessons
48. http://www.spanishpronto.com/spanishpronto/spanishvocab.html Most common Spanish words
49. http://www.vokabel.com/ Vocabulary Training…many new words…great variety…quickly can get answer to see how you did…for more advanced student
50. http://www.learn-spanish-online.de/ Many good audios and videos. With full audio and translations…Good site to try!
51. http://www.babelnation.com/spanish/ Learning Spanish online for free
52. http://www.ilovelanguages.com/?category=Languages|By+Language|Spanish List of many more resources
53. http://www.sipuebla.com/spanish-guide.htm Spanish Guide for individuals who are serious about learning Spanish. Guide to many Spanish Language Web Sites.
54. http://www.colby.edu/~bknelson/SLC/index.php Spanish grammar exercises...really different in that it has audio of songs, many worksheets, great variety of new types of lessons
55. http://ladb.unm.edu/retanet Excellent source of lesson plans, etc. Have to sign up, but membership is free to schools and teachers
2. LEARNING VERB CONJUGATIONS S
- http://conjuguemos.com Conjuguemos VERY GOOD site to practice verbs! Interactive verb conjugation quizzes for Spanish, French and Latin. You can choose which verb tense to practice, optionally how long to practice fo, and print out a score when the time is up.Gives instant answers for student to check work.
- www.verbolog.com Verbolog Links to 2 good good sources of information about Spanish verb conjugaton. First, click on the button with the word "Conjugadores", then on the graphic that contains "VERBIX" and you can enter a Spanish verb to see it conjugated into all verb tenses. Second, click on the button with "Los 99 modelos" to see samples of Spanihs verbs conjugated in the various tenses. The entire site is in Spanish.
- www.verbix.com/webverbix/index.asp Verbix Online conjugation for more than 100 languages. Pick a language, enter a verb, and get its conjugation in more than a dozen different tenses.
3. GRAMMAR GUIDE
www.econ.jhu.edu John Hopkins University EXCELLENT explanations and charts! Try it!
4. ON-LINE DICTIONARY AND TRANSLATOR
- translate.google.com This site has been rather accurate
- http://translator.dictionary.com Translate text or Web pages to or from english and other major European languages.
- http://translator.dictionary.com Dictionary.com Translate text or Web pages to or from English and other major European languages.
- www.wordreference.com Good dictionary; Can install dictionary with free plug-in for Netwcape/IE (Windows only) to translate words from English to/from French, Spanish, Italian, or German. O search the dictionaries online.
- www.proverbios.com Book of English and Spanish proverbs and idioms and their translation into the opposite language. The Web site contains page of examples, and allows you to order the book.
- www.diccionarios.com Dictionary for several languages: Spanish, English, French, Deutsch and Catalá
- http://www.vistasonline.com/vistas/students/resources/index.php# VERY GOOD Vista’s Online Resources On line dictionary, verb wheel and grammar reference
- www.worldlingo.com Site offers a variety of translations services, including instant machine translation of Web sites, email and text
- http://es.altavista.com Quick and free trnaslations
- http://translation2.paralink.com PROMT Paste in the text and get an instant translation. Languages include English, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and French.
- www.yourdictionary.com Your Dictionary.com Links to more than 100 foreign-to-English dictinaries online from a site maintained by Robert Beard, Bucknell University
5. TESTS TO FIND YOUR LEVEL OF SPANISH
www.goethe-verlag.com/tests/index1.htm Goethe-Verlag Free language test 100 free online vocabulary tests to/from 21 different languages and 420 language combinations. Not interactive-one page has fill-in-the-blank phrases, another page has the solutions. Very good site to see where the student is in the development of vocabulary! The Spanish test is at www.goethe-verlag.com/tests/ES/ES.HTM Verb Conjugations for all tenses of all verbs
http://www.donquijote.org/spanishlanguage/test Don Quijote
http://www.123teachme.com/learn_spanish/beginner/ Many great games in Spanish
http://www.spanishclassonline.com Has a lot of practice tests, games, etc. ("Hangman" in several different units of vocabulary, etc.)
http://www.linguascope.com Aches and pains activities (Have to subscribe to do it.)
http://www.quia.com/jg/65552.html numbers 1-100
7. INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT THE SPANISH LANGUAGE
http://cvc.cervantes.es/obref/espanol_eeuu CVC Cervantes Spanish linguistics in the United States; how Spanish is changed
8. Study Helps and Stratgies
9. OTHER HELPS
http://users.erols.com/tonip625/characters.htm How to get accents, etc. on computers--easiest
http://modlang.boisestate.edu/mlrcfolder/accents.htm How to get the accents, etc. on computers
http://spanish.typeit.org/ Type Spanish accents on line